Monday, November 28, 2011

NEWSCAST

DESIGN TIP:

When planning window treatments, I find it very helpful to study the antique, historical  window treatments, to understand the proportions.  Then I can tell  how best to adapt swags and valances to modern window sizes.  Many styles are hard to adapt since they were designed for single, tall windows and we have many wide, shorter  windows now ....but it is possible to design them with the grace and beauty intact.

STORY:

This Thanksgiving I made a very fast  trip to visit friends in Cincinnati and I had a wonderful time and I will write  the stories when I have recovered from the traveling!  The hardest thing about holidays is that we all still keep working hard right up to those holiday  and right after them.  Maybe our New Year's resolutions need to be made now...to make more time and space for ourselves during these holidays?!

PICTURE:

"Serene River"
oil pastel,  22 x 28
by Heide Browne

No comments:

Post a Comment