Monday, September 3, 2012



DESIGN NEWSCAST

I've been remiss in not "posting" as of late.  I've been busy on design projects and also rehearsing for the Symphony Chorus performance of Mahler 8... it is really beutiful and really hard music.
And speaking of music, my friend and artist Heide Browne will have an art show opening on September 8th, 1-4 pm at Nouveau Classics Furniture on Belmont Blvd and it features her "music series" paintings which she painted while listening to classical music and each composer inspired a very different painting!

Here is the Verdi one
It is  inspired by "Il Travatore", oil on Tara paper
22 x 28
$1,200




DESIGN TIP OF THE WEEK:

I have just redecorated my own bedroom and painted it a deep yellow which was a very new color for me to use, so it felt risky, but right and I am "loving every miniute of it"...It is warm, in fact it is named "Warm Cocoon" by Behr.  I have new "tiger print" sheets, an African mask, a giraffe and other exotic accessories including a bamboo pole used as my drapery rod.  It was fun and I'm really enjoying living in it.
So go with what you are wanting, what you are drawn to and create a space that is truly YOUR OWN!

No comments:

Post a Comment